Co-operative Insurance Companies has been providing protection for individuals, farms and businesses across Vermont and New Hampshire for more than 100 years. We are committed to providing top-notch insurance products and services to our members. Our core values of accountability, integrity, respect, stewardship, and a focus on the member experience, have established us as a trusted name in property and casualty insurance.
As an Inside Claims Adjuster, you will:
- Investigate and evaluate auto damage and other claims in accordance with company guidelines.
- Conduct interviews with members, policy holders, witnesses, and other relevant parties.
- Estimate damages, negotiate settlements, and ensure fair and prompt resolution of claims.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members, policyholders and claimants.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date claim files.
- Collaborate with other team members and departments to resolve complex claims.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices.
To meet our goals and our members’ expectations, we look for the following in our new hires:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An exceptional commitment to customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.
In this role you will be required to possess a VT/NH adjuster’s license (or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire). Preferred candidates will have a minimum of two years of experience as an inside adjuster. We pride ourselves on providing fast and fair claims service, and if you are right for this position, you’ll be committed to maintaining that standard.
Co-operative Insurance Companies’ employees enjoy competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and great work-life balance, with time to be involved in the communities where they live. We focus on continued development and training for our employees to help them achieve career goals and objectives. Our work atmosphere is friendly, and the typical workday is 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The selected candidate will attend in-person training in our Middlebury, VT office with the option of working from the Middlebury office, or remote from a home location, at the end of the training period.
Job Type: Full-time
The salary range for this position is $45,240 – $88,230.00 per year. Pay is based on the applicant’s experience, education, knowledge, skills, abilities and location
Voted a Vermont BEST PLACES TO WORK company for the 8th year in a row!