Co-operative Insurance Companies has been providing protection for individuals, farms and businesses across Vermont and New Hampshire for more than 100 years. We are committed to providing top-notch insurance products and services to our members. Our core values of accountability, integrity, respect, stewardship, and a focus on the member experience, have established us as a trusted name in property and casualty insurance.
In this role you will:
- Provide outstanding customer service to our members and agents in support of overall business operations.
- Perform data entry to include accounts receivable, mortgagee and policy information.
- Answer phones, routing calls to appropriate departments and responding to inquiries as needed.
- Provide training on our billing systems and processes to our agents and members.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, both manually and using mailroom and scanning equipment.
- Process system-generated reports for distribution to various recipients.
- Work on special projects for all departments, as assigned.
To meet our goals and our members’ expectations, we look for the following in our new hires:
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Technology aptitude
- Collaborative approach
- Prioritization skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or equivalent work experience preferred
Co-op employees enjoy competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and great work-life balance, with time to be involved in the communities where they live. We focus on continued development and training for our employees to help them achieve career goals and objectives. Our work atmosphere is friendly, and the typical workday is 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This position is full-time and is based in our Middlebury, VT office.
Voted a Vermont BEST PLACES TO WORK company for the 7th year in a row!